Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Skip Bayless Iron Kicker Award

LACES OUT!

I would like to present the first weekly Skip Bayless Ironman Kicker award to none other than Phil Dawson. Dawson was 5/5 on the game after he connected with kicks of 40,33, 43, 22, and the game-winning field goal from 56 yards.


In my opinion, there is nothing more exciting than watching a potentially game-winning field goal. I had the privilege of attending the Michigan State/Wisconsin game on November 1st, a game in which Michigan State won on a last second field goal by Brett Swenson. Michigan State was trailing the entire game and the comeback was fueled mainly off the foot of Brett Swenson and some clutch FG's. I have been to plenty of sporting events in my time, but i have never been involved in such an electrifying atmosphere, made possible mainly by the field goal kicking of Brett Swenson

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What's more exciting, a game winning field goal, or a game winning touchdown pass ala Stanford over USC last year?
I don't like Skip Bayless, but I think you guys are s'ing a little too much kicker d right now.

eldes said...

You do realize that a field goal is only worth 3 points don't you? A last second FG for Stanford wouldn't have done much considering they were down 6... This argument is largely based on odds. How often do you see a team that is losing by three or less and in field goal range opt to go for the touchdown at the last second?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eldes said...

i guess you are missing the whole 'in my opinion..' part of the entry? that is exactly what this blog is- my opinion. thanks for the comments but I like 'gooooood girl's way better